Image Map

Yard Sale Tales {week 1}

So excited for what I hope becomes a weekly installment! I thought I would do a weekly wrap up of our yard sale adventures and finds. Now that the summer weather is here, I will be be venturing out to see what treasures I can find. I do have a list {in my head} of things I'm looking for, but in general I try to go out with an open mind!

This weekends haul was unusually large, but with so many adorable things at pretty amazing prices it was hard to pass up!




Do you love as much as I do!!! The two arm chairs are my favorite find! I know, I know...they are pretty rough right now, but they have a strong frame and classic lines! I haven't decided what I'm going to do to them yet, but I'll be sure to keep you posted!
The black wood box is so cool! It will be perfect in my office to organize things!
The little brown shelf will get a coat of paint to match a white one I found last week...both will be cute book ledges in Ellery's room!



These two wall sconces will get a makeover, but should find a home in Miss Ellery's room- if I can get them rewired! I will probably loose the white milk glass globes and update the feeling a bit, but tons of potential!
The little bottle will be a perfect addition to my milk glass collection! {I have never paid more than a couple bucks for any of it!}

This quirky mail organizer is prime make over material too- I'm thinking painted white and distressed a bit? Hopefully the eagle comes off so I can preserve its vintage patina.
This beautiful vintage bunt pan is going to be fun to use! Its nice and heavy and has a cool design!




Now here was something I couldn't resist for my Ohio born hubby! The leather bankers envelope is from The Ohio State Life Insurance Company for only $1!
The little box is hand made- inside is the original gift givers note! I don't know how to judge age on this one, but I am a box addict so it will easily find a place somewhere and will eventually store SOMETHING!


I think this weekend was a huge GINORMOUS success!


1 comment :

  1. Amber, I recently became a Follower of yours, and am peeking around. I read the story about the loss of your son and daughter. How touching and sad. I lost my beloved husband of 15 years less than three months ago to cancer, and I'm dealing with that grief now (though he was battling for 5 years and 8 months, the end came fairly suddenly, and without any cancer pain at all) but I can't imagine losing a child, let alone two. I will hold you in my Prayers.

    God Bless you and your family,
    Suzanne in NW Illinois (MaytagNMom)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...